Beginner's guide to Drupal
- Day: Friday
- Start time: 9:00am
- Room: Room 11B
This is the Absolute Beginner’s Guide to Drupal. You’ll learn all of the key concepts you need to understand, navigate and begin building a Drupal site. We’ve taught new Drupal users from the White House to Harvard and the New York Transit Commission to the small business owner. We’ll help it make sense.
- Part 1: Introduction to Drupal: What? Who? When? Why?
- Part 2: Installing Drupal
- Part 3: Navigating the Drupal interface
- Part 4: Understanding Drupal content
- Part 5: Managing Drupal content using content types
- Part 6: Adding data fields to Drupal content
- Part 7: Choosing and configuring modules
- Part 8: Choosing and configuring themes
- Part 9: Configuring and working with Drupal user permissions
- Part 10: Building a full Drupal site so that students can practice everything they learned during the class
Attendees will need a laptop with Acquia’s Dev Desktop installed, if they wish to follow along with the tasks.